Emergency Services


Ambulance, Fire, Police or Coastguard

999 or 112


Police & Crime Prevention


Police: Non-Urgent Calls 

Link to www.hampshire.police.uk



Lymington Police Station

Southampton Road, Lymington, SO41 9GH


Lymington Police Station

New Forest District Council Offices
Avenue Road
SO41 9ZG


Police Station opening times

8am - 4pm (closed 12pm to 1pm) 

Closed on Bank Holidys, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day

Beat Surgeries - Thursdays 12.30 - 13:00

4th July 2024

29 August  2024

26 September 2024

24 October 2024

21 November 2024

19 December 2024  


 Brockenhurst Parish Council Office

70B Brookley Road, SO42 7RA






Crime Stoppers

link to www.crimestoppers-uk.org

0800 555 111


Hampshire Alert

link to www.hampshirealert.co.uk


Lymington & District Neighbourhood Watch

Geoffrey Jennings

01590 622734

link to www.ourwatch.org.uk


Fire & Rescue


Fire & Rescue: Non-Urgent Calls

Hampshire Fire & Rescue Service HQ, Leigh Road, Eastleigh, SO50 9SJ

link to www.hantsfire.gov.uk

023 8064 4000 


Animal Accidents 


Agisters (including out of hours emergencies)

0300 067 4600




New Forest Nightstop

Service providing emergency accommodation and support to homeless young people aged plus in the homes of trained and approved volunteers.

link to https://newforestnightstop.org.uk

01425 482773


NFDC Out of Hours Housing Advice & Information Service

023 8028 5000

07771 259098





British Telecom

Residential Faults

0800 800 151 

Scottish & Southern Energy (SSE)

Electricity Emergencies

0800 072 7282


Southern Gas Networks (SGN)

Gas Emergencies

0800 111 999


Southern Water

Water Leaks

0845 278 0845




Flood Line

link to https://flood-warning-information.service.gov.uk

0345 988 1188


To report a faulty or blocked watercourse please contact the Parish Clerk on 01590 622829 or New Forest District Council on 023 8028 5000



The ditches and watercourses in the Parish play a vital part in clearing street or land water runoff, particularly in times of localised flooding.

All residents are requested to be good neighbours by clearing watercourses for which they are responsible and being aware of applicable riparian laws created by the Land Drainage Act 1976. This is enforced by the Environment Agency under powers granted by the Water Resources Act 1991 and the Environment Act 1995.

If a ditch borders your property in any way then you and the neighbouring landowner have riparian ownership and are jointly responsible for maintaining it, even if there is a fence between your property and the ditch. If the opposite side of the ditch is Crown land, it is your sole responsibility to maintain it. Even if a ditch no longer appears to be wet, the responsibility to ensure that it is kept free of debris and other obstructions still applies.

More information on riparian ownership can be found in the link to the Environment Agency's "Living on the Edge" guide to your rights and responsibilities.

Prior permission must be obtained from the Environment Agency if you wish to alter a watercourse (for example, extend your property over the ditch). This is to ensure there is no interference to the natural flow of the watercourse.


For more information on flood alleviation please see the National Flood Forum website: link to www.floodforum.org.uk


Hampshire County Council also have information on protecting your property from flooding which can be found at the link to www.hants.gov.uk/landplanningandenvironment/environment/flooding