Brockenhurst Parish Council has
set up a Climate Action Plan Committee (CAPC). The CAPC’s mission and main aim is:
- To take practical actions in our local area to raise awareness;
- To enhance our local environment; and
- To strive for carbon neutrality.
In working to achieve this aim, the CAPC will encourage and facilitate those who wish to take a leading role locally in achieving the mission and the aim including in particular:
- Voluntary organisations, individuals and groups connected to the Parish;
- Brockenhurst College and its students and the Primary School;
- Forestry England as the dominant landowner within the parish but with other landowners as well; and
- New Forest National Park Authority.
CAPC will set up or facilitate the setting up of such working groups to concentrate on specific topics as it sees fit, ensuring that such groups are coordinated and are focused on the mission and the aim set out in paragraph 2 and will facilitate their work so far as possible using the resources available to it as the Parish Council.