Friends of Brockenhurst Station - Can You Help?
Following completion of major works at Brockenhurst Railway Station, the Parish Council is seeking volunteers to be "Friends of the Station" to enhance the station environment, form a more welcoming atmosphere and encourage greater community use of the railway. Many stations throughout the country have similar organisations and train companies are actively encouraging friends groups and establishing good working relationships.
The aims of working together are to:
- Encourage use of the railway through a variety of regeneration and community activities;
- Promote the station as a gateway to Brockenhurst, the New Forest and Lymington areas;
- Improve the environmental and operational upkeep of the station; and
- Enhance the historical heritage of the station.
Volunteers will join an existing group of helpers to:
- Regularly visit the station to conduct surveys;
- Alert South Western Railway to any damage, vandalism or disrepair;
- Suggest improvements for the overall benefit of customers using the station;
- Assist with community event planning such as 'Music at the Station' events.
South Western Railway will continue to manage the line and station and be responsible for its cleanliness, decorative order and repair. Volunteers will not take on tasks currently performed by South Western Railway's staff or agents. If you are interested in helping, please contact the Parish Clerk by email
or on 622829 in the first instance.